Friday, October 3, 2008

insight in the job seeking process.

I haven't posted anything for a while, mainly because, well, I don't really have anything to post!

So far I've had ONE interview, and just got the call that I did not get the job (but I was in the running -- top three. And I got a CALL not a letter! Now that's class.) and I got a letter informing me that I did not make the cut on another position.

I think I have about a dozen applications out there right now.

It's interesting. Thanks to the internet and email, I can apply for jobs in remote areas (North/South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, other places in the state) without leaving my computer. In olden days I'd either have to send out a ton of resumes and letters of inquiry, or drive mega miles asking about jobs. I do so like the internet. :-)

I've found that:

Most academic libraries only request a cover letter and resumé, some want transcripts, too.

Public Libraries request an official application, most of the time they're available as a download or can be filled in online.

Sometimes, however, I've had to actually MAIL an application packet in to the HR of the county or university. average cost: $1.50 still a bargain.

So, I'm still here, still looking.

"The Director".

No comments: