Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another disappointing email

This was from a University near me, wouldn't have meant I have to move:

Thank you for your interest in our position. I regret to inform you that due to the current budget situation, we are not going to proceed with filling the position at this time.

Oh well. I've so far received three rejection letters out of about 18+ applications. Most I haven't heard a peep from, and three I've gotten cards or emails or even actual letters letting me know they've received my ap packet and will let me know (see previous post). Some of the aps are online applications, and so you get immediate feedback such as 'you've successfully applied for X job'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your bad luck.

Completely OT here, but I saw this and thought of you (warning: possible spoilers):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7698539.stm