Friday, September 12, 2008

TARDIS on "randomize"

From Director to Former Director in 5 months.

I don't know what it was, I was told, "We are getting too many complaints about you, so we are giving you a choice: resign or be fired." I chose resignation, with pay through the end of the month and all earned leave paid out then.

When I asked the nature of the complaints, I was told "I have no idea. One of the commissioners just said he's getting a lot of complaints about you and so you have to go".

So I got let go for doing my job, as the Human Resources Head stated incredulously. Commissioner in question did not run for a new term, and is outta here himself in November.

I suspect a) a member of my staff (or two?) who is being made to actually work and b) she recruited a few friends to constantly make complaints.

Now I am a statistic, among the unemployed masses roaming the streets of the State looking for work. In my case, however, I'm roaming the internet.

In everything, my motto is "God will provide". He always has.

There you have it, the latest update. Financially, we are ok, have enough in savings and checking to get us through for a good while.

Prayers, as always, is appreciated.

TARDIS controls set on Randomize, let's see where it takes us this time around.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so terrible to hear that. And I always hate the "oh, we got complaints, we just can't tell you who it was" line. I will keep a good thought and hope you land on your feet soon.

Kevin Musgrove said...

Best of luck.

I many respects, the message that you're 'not really library director material' is actually a damned fine compliment to you as a human being. Every cloud has a silver lining.

LibraryJim said...

Kevin,
Thanks for the laugh!

LibraryJim said...

Speaking of laughs,
some of my web friends are the two jokers who pioneered "Talk Like a Pirate Day", so I wrote them about my situation. Only, given that their names are "Capt'n Slappy" and "Ol' Chumbucket", I couldn't post it as I did here.

So:

Ahoy, mateys!

Avast and shiver me timbers!

I've been mutinied -- er, mutininened -- er -- my crew has committed an act of mutiny on me! I am now adrift on the sea of librarianship. In short, I've been asked to resign my commission as director of the Library I was hired on for five short months ago.

The reason? a nebulous complaint filed with the county commission that I was not a happy director (I guess they wanted "Capt. Stubing"
of the "Love Boat") but no further details, except that some of my staff were also complainin'.

And no response to me request for more information on the nature of the complaint (how can I correct course if I don't know the heading?)!

So the County answer to Capt. Norrington called and asked for my sword, which, to tell the truth, I was happy enough to hand over.

May Davey Jones take the scurvy lot of them.*

Now I've got to sign on aboard a new ship somewhere.

Happy Sailing and fair weather!



*of course, that's just pirate talk, and I don't really mean it! Much.

Kewl Librarian 2 said...

Since they won't tell you the nature of the complaints, I wouldn't be surprised if something else was also going on. Keeping good thoughts for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! Those jerks!! Do you want me to come over and kick them in the shins?

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

ETA: My husband lost his job last week, too. "Bad wolf," eh?

LibraryJim said...

The Master is at work behind the scenes! Like on "Logopolis"! Creating chaos among Librarians!

"The Director"