Thursday, August 7, 2008

Off to the UnConference

Florida Library Association (FLA) and Panhandle Library Access Network (PLAN) have teamed up for an 'unconference' tomorrow (Friday) in a town about 3 hours away (which means I have to take my car in TONIGHT to have the brakes fixed, but that's another story -- my car is resembling the TARDIS more and more*).

I'm looking forward to it, and it should prove valuable, as they are covering a variety of topics from management of staff to working with the dwindling State and county resources for Library funding. Plus they provide lunch -- but not a relaxing lunch, they will actually have a speaker DURING lunch. So much for 'networking' time. And it's hard for The Director to take notes while eating, so an added challenge. But, hey, the lunch is PROVIDED! That's what counts, right?

I've already heard from one reader of this blog who said she will be there, so that will be nice.

I'll update everyone on the day when I get back.

"The Director"


*Well, tomorrow I cross time zones, so that means the car will be actually taking me back and forth through TIME as well as space!

No comments: